Friday, August 2, 2013

DAY TWENTY-SIX - Writing Block

Blogging every day is no easy task.

Well, writing a decent-length entry that stays on topic. I could write about a bunch of random things and keep it insanely short but I want to stray from that.

Part of it, I think, is a combination of working almost every day of the week and all the D&D work I've been doing recently. Both those topics are ripe with blogging subjects but I don't want to constantly talk about Dungeons and Dragons or my work at the restaurant. Even the short story project I wanted to do is D&D related. A little variety would be nice, but damn is it hard to come up with something to write.

I started thinking about ways to deal with writer's block because of this. Going back to the things I've been doing recently, I could use those as stepping stones to other topics. I feel like I've done that a lot recently, so maybe I won't include the "today at work" bit or something; just dive straight into the topic. I could probably try asking a writer or an artist how they get over blocks, too, though I get the feeling the answer would be something along the lines of "find something to inspire you."

So what does inspire me?

Now that's something to think about.


Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment