Monday, August 5, 2013

DAY TWENTY-NINE - Mechanical

I ordered a mechanical keyboard recently at the recommendation of a friend. He told me it was generally better for gaming which is, I think, a decent driving force for me buying one. The rest of my motivation?

It looks cool. Purple LEDs are pretty awesome.

It finally came in today and holy carps, it feels great. It's smooth? Or like butter? I'm not sure how to properly describe it. The point is, I'm thinking it was a pretty good purchase. And now I have a backup keyboard that I can give away to someone or something.

I mention this because I actually got it earlier in the day but I woke up a little later and ended up having to go to work without trying this bad boy out. I was thinking about opening the package it came in up while I was killing time at work, and then I thought about how weird it was that I was excited about a keyboard. I used to be excited about games coming in (well, I still do), but now I was getting excited about something a lot of folks take for granted?

Of course, it's a mechanical keyboard. High-tech, definitely better than the average keyboard you can get for $20 at Best Buy or something.

I'm probably over-thinking the whole situation. Thinking in the grand scheme of things and how a lot of my problems here in middle class America pale in comparison to those living in less fortunate areas. That does not diminish these problems of course, but it helps give me perspective and keep me down to earth. At least I hope so?

Anyway, it's time to test this keyboard out on some wicked spreadsheets.


Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment