Monday, August 12, 2013

DAY 36 - LOUIE G

Ha ha, name puns.

Today I woke up shortly before noon. Instead of getting up and getting ready to leave for the train station, though, I thought about it and ultimately... I did not!

I talked about not having the chance to rest and relax and all that yesterday for a semi-extended period of time and it sorta got me thinking. While I think I would have enjoyed the train, my desire to just kick back and not doing anything for once won out. How often am I going to be able to just sit around and enjoy time to myself with school coming up, while trying to maintain a job and all that?

It's not the same for sure, but at least I'm able to check out the train and see what it was like. Perhaps it was a "once in a lifetime" deal or maybe not, but thinking back on how I spent my day today, I don't really regret it. I also saved money that I would have spent on the train plus any food that I would have probably bought while out and about in the city, so that's an added plus.

I think me from a couple of years ago, the guy who had been working for more than a couple of years while still (sorta) going to school would have gone. Perhaps I just need to get more into the groove of work and school because, after all, I just got this gig in January. Maybe I'm just getting old and losing all that youthful energy?

Naw, probably not.


Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment