Saturday, August 10, 2013

DAY 34 - Content

Yesterday's post got me thinking a lot about the content of this blog. I guess it's mostly a diary of sorts; a public private diary, as I don't think anyone else reads this right now besides myself. That's okay with me.

Despite myself putting this up on a very public site and not putting any privacy... things on my posts, I never expected this blog to get popular nor did I want it to. I think I've said this before, but I'm doing this mostly for myself. For me, it's the challenge of writing something every day that isn't just a vapid, 140 characters or less status update or pictures of what I'm going to eat or whatever. I have Facer and Twitagram or Instabook for all that.

What this is for... it's for me, really. I try to change it up every so often, put a little variety in it. I also try to make it easy/interesting to read by doing little things, but that's about as much as I do with others in mind. Mostly it's just me.

Thinking more about my own memory, these entries are great for me to capture moments in time, whether it be actual events or just my train of thought at the time. I remember looking back on posts I made on Xanga or Wordpress and thinking, "Who is this person?" Whenever I think about this, lyrics from a particular song always pop in my head:

"Never the same person when I go to sleep / as when I wake up."

I think that's what lead me to believe that I had a not-so-great memory because, if I can't remember who I was a year ago, what does that say about me?

What does that say about me, indeed... hm.

So maybe that's what this blog is about. I did say it was meant to be a diary of sorts, so equal parts introspection as there frivolous posts and other such things. And well... that makes a lot of sense to me now.

A blog about me, for me and by me. Ha.


Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment