Saturday, August 3, 2013

DAY TWENTY-SEVEN - Writing Block II: Electric Boogaloo

I'm finding the inherent irony in "writer's block preventing me to come up with content" actually providing me content quite amusing.

I was thinking more about this business today. I think that getting back to the start is generally a good idea. So, with that in mind... how does one start writing?

I've heard that if one is going to write, one should write about what he or she knows. What do I know? Well... not a lot, that's for sure. I don't think I'm crazy out there but I'm not too "to myself," but even now I still have a hard time telling people even small things like where I go to school or something. I'm not sure if I'd use the word "modest" though because I'm not quite sure I'm all too interesting.

Still, I think my knowledgeable topics would be... games, probably. And generally spelling and how to format papers, syntax... editing... er... exciting, no? 

No?

Looking at the statement with a less literal sense, I can definitely write about my past experiences. I'm an old man so there's probably enough ancient history I could dig up and talk about for the rest of this little challenge. The only problem with that is variety; I don't want this blog to be just about my past. And also me trying to remember anything and everything interesting from the past. 

Like I said: I'm an old, old man.


Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment