Saturday, August 17, 2013

DAY 41 - Staying Late

I work evenings and in most cases it's to closing time, which is 11PM. I usually get out right on time as myself and the person I close with do all the necessary closing things ahead of time. It's been convenient for me thus far, as I've been able to come home, eat something and then sit down and type this lovely blog.

Today, however, was not the case.

My newer coworker has been at the restaurant for about a month now, but she only gets a few days a week. She's sort of slow when it comes to doing the things she needs to do, but for now I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and attributing the slowness to her lack of work/experience . As a result, when closing time came, there was still a small amount of things we had to do.

All told, it would have kept us maybe 10 minutes later which isn't bad at all. And besides, I don't know about you but I don't mind staying after to finish up closing, seeing as it also milks the time clock a little more to get that extra dollar. I used to do that all the time at my old job if I could help it.

However, she lives a little bit out and relies on taking the train home, which is understandable. It's just that the train stops running at around 11, so she pretty much had to leave right then. So work that would have taken 10 minutes for two people, well... became 20 minutes for one person--me.

Thankfully I live about an 8-minute walk from my job, but I still got home around 11:30. It puts a little strain on this blog here. Perhaps I should look into posting in the day, hm.


Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment