Sunday, September 8, 2013

DAY 63 - PPD

Originally I was going to get a gym membership and start working out tomorrow, but as I was thinking about it today at work I realized that the pieces weren't properly aligned. In baseball terminology, PPD refers to a game being postponed either because of weather or some other circumstance. So unfortunately, that's what'll be happening to my workout plans.

I have a couple of things I need for my workout--the money for the membership and, well, my person. In order to help maximize my exercising though, I need to get a protein supplement because, as it turns out, I have very little access to protein through my daily life. Another thing I need to do is finalize my workout plan by sorting out which exercises I'll be doing and looking up their proper forms so as to not hurt myself in the process. Oh, and speaking of hurting oneself, I'm scheduled to take a delivery for my workplace on one of the days I'd work out, so I think not piling on the lifting would probably be good for me.

Also clothes is another important factor. I don't have the proper workout clothes besides some old high school P.E. clothes, so I'd like to upgrade those. And though it's more of a personal preference than a needed... thing, I'd like to have headphones that can stay over my ears while I work out so it won't be bored/utilize to be a more effective workout (e.g., running to the beat or taking a short break during X or Y song).

Despite the list, I'm not entirely unprepared for the workout. I ordered the headphones a few days ago and I also placed an order for protein powder and a shaker bottle thing today. I have about half of what I need before I can finalize my workout plan, and I have the days set out: Monday, Wednesday, Friday. I have some good songs to use for my exercises and I've also been dieting to prepare. But perhaps the most important thing is the motivation.

So next Monday, the 16th. That's the date. I should hopefully have everything in by then, but if not I should have most everything. Will see how it goes, hoho.

No comments:

Post a Comment