Tuesday, September 3, 2013

DAY 58 - Daydreams

In high school a couple of friends and I were fans of a show called Scrubs, which, for those who have not heard of it, was a medical comedy/drama. It aired all the time on Comedy Central at random points during the day, so whenever it was on I'd watch and it was pretty great.

The initial main character was a doctor nicknamed J.D. Often throughout the series, J.D. would daydream, often in the middle of conversations, where he would then imagine something usually outlandish for comedic effect. It made sense as the story was told from his point of view and, from what I recall, the series used these types of jokes often but not so often that they were a nuisance or distracted from the main story. Now that I think about it, they poked fun at J.D.'s daydreaming, when the narration was handed over to other characters in the show. When one of those characters interacted with him, he'd look off into space and the other character remarked about how he was doing a stupid face and probably daydreaming.

I mention this because it came up while I was, well... daydreaming. I think I tend to daydream quite a lot. Perhaps not as vividly as the good doctor did, but enough to take me out of reality for a brief moment and distract me--though whether that's good or bad is a different story. 

But yes, today in particular I was thinking about older folks and comparing their relationships with relationships that young folks have. I've always pictured the latter as super-mushy, or passionate or emotional or something to that effect whereas the former, I've always pictured as calm or quiet. I know that's probably not right, or at least it wasn't always that way, so I imagined an older couple acting like a high school couple for instance. 

I'm not sure if the right image is popping up in your head right now, but I'll also add that it's nothing but chaste because... yeah. 

I never finished Scrubs, I don't think, but I'd certainly like to get back to it. Except that last 9th season, maybe. I believe it featured a mostly all-new cast and from what I understand it wasn't too good, but will see how that pans out.

Happy Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment