Friday, September 6, 2013

DAY 61 - The First Step

I mentioned nearly a month ago that I wanted to start working out and was going to ask some folks if they'd be interested. Turns out that answer is a lazy "no," as in "Well..." or "I don't know..." so I'm going to run it on my own.

While I'm no stranger to attempts at getting fit, if I had to compare it to relationships, I'm probably more of the acquaintance than anything. A friend of mine who was on cross country in high school gave me tips on running and, for awhile, I followed them, but... running around in my neighborhood always made me feel conscious. Stupid reason, perhaps, but it's a reason. I worked out at a gym earlier in the year (or perhaps late last year) however and, surprisingly, I actually really enjoyed it. 

Sure, I'm out-of-shape and most of the folks there, well, weren't... but working out in an area where others shared a similar goal to be fit made me feel pretty good. So next week starting September 9th I'll be starting my workout program. 

Like I've said, I generally have no idea how to workout. Thanks to some quick Google-fu, though, I was able to find a seemingly legit guide that didn't try to lie to me. Everything in the guide matches up with what I know or heard of in regards to working out, so hopefully it'll work out. And yes, pun intended.

With that in mind, I need to form a workout right now so I'll post it here in a bit once I get it down. I am a total noob so it'll probably look lackluster, but I plan on adding more to it over time. I gotta lose that fat and gain that muscle! If all goes according to plan, perhaps I'll make a before/after thing about it... but there I go again, living in the future.

Yes, baby steps indeed.


Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment