Tuesday, July 9, 2013

DAY TWO - About Me

To kick things off, let's have the always-interesting and definitely-not-disappointing "about me" post.

My name is Eric and I'm 24 years old. Boy, that's old.

I'm Filipino-American and I currently reside in the suburbs of Chicago, Illinois. I kinda go to college; it's somewhat complicated, but that's for another time. Right now I'm thinking of majoring in business management, perhaps focusing on the retail level because of how much I enjoy working with customers directly.

In the meantime, I work somewhere between part-time and full-time at a local restaurant which is conveniently located within three blocks of my house. It's a pretty good gig in my opinion, especially when I compare it to my old job. The hours are a nice plus.

My interests are broad somewhat, but I believe I fall into the general "nerd" category.

I enjoy playing video games, ranging from consoles to handhelds to PC. I built my computer myself a couple of years ago, but an interesting fact about that: I have no idea how the hell I did it. Okay, I know how I did it, it's more so that I can't believe I did it.

I've recently started stepping into the world of tabletop gaming. Aside from classics like Monopoly, I run a custom Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition campaign for some friends of mine that I wrote. I found it kind of amusing that, despite my interests in both writing and gaming, I never really go into the tabletop RPG scene until... maybe two years ago?

On the topic of writing, I am also a very, very novice/casual writer. The stories I've read, watched and played were all special to me, and I always wanted to try and emulate them, or the good ones anyway. Writing, I think, was always my strong suit growing up and it was important to me. I used to have dreams of writing my own book(s) and, to an extent, I still do. 

I used to watch television and movies, but a combination of things have led to a decline including but not limited to: change of jobs, focus on games, D&D, lack of TV in my room. I share a Netflix account with my gal pal and I occasionally watch things there, though it's mostly things I've watched before (like Futurama or Scrubs). I am also into anime and manga, and I've regularly attended Anime Central for at least 7 years now. Some of my personal favorite series are Cowboy Bebop, Yotsubato and Love Hina.

More often than not, I'm more inclined to watch things on the internet. Currently I watch TableTop on Geek and Sundry's channel and Game Grumps. I used to be really big on YouTube shows four or so years ago; in fact, the whole reason I started this blog in '09 originally was because of the B/Vlog Everyday in April challenge Youtubers took part in.

So that brings us back to this blog. Now that you know a little bit about me, I think you've got a decent idea as to what I'll be putting up on here. More importantly, though...

Now I have an idea about that, too.


Take care,

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment