Friday, July 12, 2013

DAY FIVE - TOO MANY GAMES

I bought too many games. Now I have to play them all.

But seriously though, yesterday was the first day of what will be an eleven-day sale...stravaganza, I guess? I've already bought a handful of games (among them: Hotline Miami and Civilization 5) for pretty cheap, but it is also the first day... and there are a ton of games left to check out. I'm thinking of buying The Sims 3, but we shall see.

Like every other Steam...er? Steam user. Like every other Steam user though, I have to wonder, "am I really going to play all these games?" Some are pretty short, but others are crazy long. I've had a hard time in the past few years finding time to dedicate to Japanese RPGs due to their tendency to be at least 50-60 hours of gameplay.

Not that that's bad, mind you, but it's still something to consider. Nowadays I mostly live off my computer, so if a game is multiplatform I tend to jump on the PC one. I also own and play on both of the current-gen handhelds too, though I hope to go back to console gaming one day.

I think convenience is probably a bigger factor than anything. As I mentioned before, I'm pretty much on the computer every day, so being able to play games off the computer saves me precious relaxation time when compared to turning on both a console and a television.

...As I wrote that, I realize that sounds sort of lazy. But working and being on my feet five days straight a week, I'd like time to recuperate. I think that's a little reasonable, yeah? I'll eventually spring some money for a cable hub thing for my consoles so I can use my computer screen as a one-stop gaming center, but for now I'm content with my PC and handheld gaming.

Anyway, I'm off to cross some animals or something. Take care.


See y'all,

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment