Tuesday, July 30, 2013

DAY TWENTY-THREE - Passing the Time

It's been a little while since I started working at my current job. It's just over half a year now, as I started in January, and so far it's been pretty pleasant. I remember a time when I used to dread the idea of working in the food business, but it's not that bad; I used to work at a movie theater so I'm familiar with dealing with customers face-to-face. Working at a restaurant isn't too different.

Back when I was still learning the ropes and getting adjusted to everything, each work day was new and interesting. Recently, though, I've been... bored, maybe? Or perhaps just wanting out? This is semi-related to a few posts back, but mostly I think it's just me wanting a little more free time.

I was granted that wish in a way this past week; instead of working five days I had a random Monday off. Next week's schedule, however, is back to the same old, same old.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the money. The customers and the coworkers are pretty okay and the job is nice. Maybe I'm just getting a little tired of the same routine. It was nice when summer break started, but I guess I'm getting myself ready to go back to school. Go places, do things and all that.

That reminds me, I need to talk to my counselor soon...

But that's for another time. I'll see you tomorrow.


Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment