Monday, July 8, 2013

DAY ONE - Blog Every Day In/For A Year: The Rebirth

Welcome to the first (second) post of what should be a blog every day for a year!

I won't lie to you, I'm not entirely sure what I'll be posting here. Ramblings, musings and writings maybe?

I not entirely sure this will be entertaining, either. I'm mostly doing this for myself, but if this manages to be interesting or entertaining to anyone who stumbles upon it, well... I'll be glad.

The purpose of this entry, I suppose, is to set some guidelines as well as a sort of preview of the content to come.

The rules for this challenge are fairly simple. All I have to do is blog every day for a year, though it would be an understatement to say that's way easier said than done.

In terms of content, as a personal rule, I want to avoid certain types of posts, like:

  • "What I did today" posts
    • Today I went to the park and we played basketball. Then we went to the mall to catch a bite to eat. Afterward we went to my buddy's house to play some video games."
      • There will probably be posts where I talk about my day, but what I'm getting at here is that I don't want it to be a list of things I did with nothing more put into it
  • Steam of consciousness posts
    • Man this page is really bright. I can't believe I'm starting this thing up, I wonder how long it will last? Longer than JonTron's stay on GG?? Speaking of which, I wanna watch the latest episode, the new guy is alright. I should watch NSP videos, too. Oh yeah, I was watching one earlier. That top comment was funny. I remember the times I had top comment on YouTube, that was great. This post reminds me of my friend, I wonder what he's up to.
  • Short posts
    • I'm running out of time, can't post so... uh... hi.
      • I did this on my last (failed) attempt, and I want to avoid this with the passion of a thousand burning suns.

So, in other words, I'd like to write about certain topics and go into them somewhat in-depth. 

In regards to what these topics are... that's still to be decided, but I'll try and come up with something. I may also dabble a bit into writing, as a friend of mine recently started up a writing blog wherein he writes a short story every Friday. I am certain I am leagues, leagues below his level and skill with words, so I will refrain from linking it here for now due to... my cowardice, ha. I'll link him in the future though, he's a great writer.

All that aside, I hope you enjoy your visit here. This ought to be... an experience, certainly!


Excelsior,

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment