Saturday, July 20, 2013

DAY THIRTEEN - Singin' Along with Some SONGSSSSSS

A long, long time ago in my high school days, I think I was fairly introverted. Or perhaps shy. Either way, I didn't have a lot of courage to do things in front of others, like performing for instance.

As the years passed, though, I slowly got more comfortable with this... mostly. While I still avoid Speech classes with a burning passion, today I want to talk about songs and singing.

I've always been a moderate music listener ever since I was able to carry my music with me. Early songs I remember singing along to were the Beatles and "Reflection" from Mulan. Singing in front of others, though, even if they were some of my closest friends, was still a big ol' nope for me. I gradually eased into it though thanks to a little game called Rock Band and today I am... still a little shy about it, but much more willing to sing.

A long while ago I used to think I enjoyed all types of music equally or as I said, "whatever sounds good." Despite that still being true it is vague, no doubt about that. Nowadays I know personally that I generally enjoy alternative/indie/classic rock, but otherwise I'm pretty open to most music.

As for songs to sing, I'm a big fan of high-energy songs but also songs with a ton of range; combinations of both are great. Some songs that fit into this broad description include Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now", Panic! At the Disco's "Bittersweet" and Fall Out Boy's "Of All the Gin Joints in the World." I could go on and on, and... maybe I will! Someday, but not today, ha.

Anyway, I sing whenever I think I am alone but man, there have been some embarrassing moments when it turned out I wasn't. Yeesh. I can't remember specifically right now, but I can just feel it in my bones. If I come up with anything, I'll probably write about it, but that is for another time.


I'm gonna go, go, go, there's no stoppin' me,

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment