Sunday, July 28, 2013

DAY TWENTY-ONE - Work, work, work

Day in and day out, I work. Sure, I have a few days off, but the fact remains that I still work almost every day.

The pay is nice and it gives me something to do. I've always wondered, though, is this all there is to life? Life in the 21st century. Back when, people had to build and hunt and create for the things they needed. Help out on the farm, help clean clothes by the riverside, so on and so forth. There were a lot of things to do, but it was (mostly) necessary.

The concept is similar, I can see that; work hard to keep on livin' and all that. Today, though, you work. Work, work, work, and you get that money. Then you can buy everything you need to live; food, housing, clothing.

Maybe the problem stems from the amount of things people can do now that is totally superfluous. I don't need these games, I don't need this music, but it's fun and it passes the time. I'm probably just spoiled on the idea of having fun all day every day.

I feel like all life is is working hard for money, but I can't help but feel that there's more to life than that. School days were so much easier, simpler.

There's an optimistic quote somewhere in here that I can't seem to recall. Maybe that's a sign.



No comments:

Post a Comment